I absolutely love her overall style and am always inspired by the recipes and parties she posts about! With the arrival of Spring and Summer weather, I’m excited to step up my entertaining game. I’m so lucky to have a great indoor and outdoor space to host in and since the birth of my nephew, I’m thinking we’ll be having a lot of gatherings with family and friends this season.
In order to be a little bit more prepared, I decided to reach out to Camille and pick her brain for effortless entertaining tips and generally throwing the perfect party!
Camille is the founder of Camille Styles, a lifestyle website that covers everything from recipes and entertaining, to home decor, fashion, beauty and wellness. Most recently, she's joined the Target team where she holds the position of their resident entertaining expert.
What is your version of the perfect party?
Fajitas on the grill, spicy margaritas, and tons of friends jumping into the swimming pool in our backyard.
What are your top 5 necessities for the perfect party?
- Loads of candles! I love Diptyque Figuier.
- Handmade stoneware dishes to show off seasonal ingredients.
- A great Spotify playlist.
- A few more bottles of rosé than you think you’ll need.
- A fun mix of people that’ll keep the conversation interesting.
Do you have any entertaining “hacks”?
Since it’s important to me that I’m able to hang out with my guests, I plan a menu that won’t require me to be in the kitchen all night. This usually means a main course that can be prepped in advance and just put in the oven and thrown on the grill doing the party, and then filling in the menu with high-quality store bought appetizers. Think delicious cheeses and olives, marcona almonds, seasonal chutney, and depending on the menu, maybe a couple fun dips like baba ganoush or mango salsa. And for dessert, I love to pull out some homemade cookie dough and pop it in the oven — always a crowd fave!
What is your favorite “signature drink” to serve?
I love setting out tequila, fresh lime juice, and agave and letting everyone mix up their own classic margaritas.
What’s your favorite Spotify playlist for a party?
My good friend Jamie is a DJ and created this amazing playlist for a recent party at my house. I’ll definitely have it on repeat all summer long.
What’s one thing that often goes overlooked when planning or throwing a party, that makes a big difference?
Lighting! I’m a big fan of turning the lights down low and lighting tons of candles.
What are your top 3 pieces of advice for someone throwing their first party?
- Turn up the music a little louder than you ordinarily would – it makes it feel like a party!
- Don’t try to do everything yourself. People love to help out, so let a friend arrange flowers, mix drinks, or set the table.
- Prep everything in advance so that you can greet guests with a big smile and a drink in hand. If you’re calm and unstressed, it’ll set the tone for everyone to have a great time.